Medical Oncologist, MBBS, MD, DM, 30 years of experience
Dr. (Col.) Ranga Rao has a vast experience of more than 30 years is the field of Medical Oncology. His areas of specialty are Cancer of Lung, Pleura, Breast, Ovarian, Cervical, Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine, Colon, Rectum, Liver, Gall Bladder, Pancreas, Bone, Skin, Lymphomas of all types, Brain Tumors, Kidney, Urinary Bladder, Prostrate, Head and Neck. He has established and strengthened the various cancer centers and departments with evidence based compassionate oncological care, strong academics, SOPs and brought up each department with utmost care and expertise. He conducted several research projects and has many national and international publications, posters to his credit.
He has been awarded with numerous prestigious academic awards and to name a few; ‘Vishisht Seva Medal’ by President of India for meritorious and distinguished service rendered in Armed Forces.
- Medical Oncology
- Targeted Therapy
- Hormonal Therapy
- Supportive and Palliative Care
- Precision Care
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia - ALL in Adults
- Breast Biopsy
- Hairy Cell Leukemia - HCL
- Metastatic Tumors Treatment
- Adrenal Cancer Treatment
- Anal Cancer Treatment
- Bile Duct Cancer Treatment
- Bladder Cancer Treatment
- Breast Cancer-Surgical
- Cancer in Children
- Carcinoma of Unknown Primary (CUP) Treatment
- Castleman Disease Treatment
- Cervical Cancer Treatment
- Endometrial Cancer Treatment
- Esophagus Cancer Treatment
- Ewing Family of Tumors Treatment
- Eye Cancer Treatment
- Angioplasty techniques
- Thrombectomy devices and Drug Eluting Stents,
LIST OF TREATMENTS
- Medical Oncology
- DM (Medical Oncology) Dr .Muthulaxmi College of Oncological Sciences, Cancer Institute, Adayar, Chennai
- MD (Internal Medicine) Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, Maharashtra
- MBBS, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer
- Awarded ‘Vishisht Seva Medal’ by President of India for meritorious and distinguished service rendered in Armed Forces on the eve of Republic Day 2006.
- Col KK Gupta Memorial Gold Medal 1984 for standing first in Advance course Medicine 1982-84.
- Lt Gen R S Hoon Award 1994 for the original paper entitled “Immuno-phenotyping of Acute Leukaemia”
- Best Original Article Award MJAFI 1995 for original paper entitled “use of Long –term venous Access in patients of Acute Leukaemia and NHL”.
- Lt Gen RS Hoon Award 1996, for original paper entitled “Preliminary analysis of Alpha Interferon therapy in Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia”.
- Air Marshall Ajit Nath Guru Shanti Devi Award 1997 for original paper entitled “Impact of prophylactic use of Colony Stimulating Factors on neutropenia and infections in moderately intensive chemotherapy”.
- 2nd Best Poster Award Merck Serrano Oncology Summit Hong Kong March, 2012 : Palliative weekly chemotherapy along with cetuximab in recurrent and metastatic head and neck cancers an observational phase IV Retrospective Analysis.