Spine Surgeon, MBBS, MS, FRCS, 24 years of experience
- Dr Krishnan qualified from Maulana Azad Medical College in 1976 and went on to complete MS from Central Institute of Orthopedics at Safdarjang Hospital in 1980. After Senior Residency, he obtained further training and qualifications in the UK, including MCH from Liverpool with Norman Roberts medal, PHD from Royal Postgraduate Medical School and Hammersmith Hospital in London and the UK Intercollegiate Specialty Board Examination of the Surgical Royal Colleges.
- He joined Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in 1995 as Senior Consultant in Orthopedics and set up a tertiary spine service. He was appointed in 1999 as full time Consultant Orthopedic Spinal Surgeon at Mid-Cheshire NHS Trust with private practice at BMI South Cheshire Hospital and Spire Stretton Hospital. He set up a spine service from scratch in East and South Cheshire and his practice focused exclusively on spinal surgery. He trained specialist registrars from the Mersey Rotation, in spine surgery.
- His practice for over 20 years has been exclusively spine surgery both in the UK and since his return to Apollo in April 2012. He treats spinal disorders ranging the gamut from disc and degenerative disorders to spinal deformities, spinal infections, spinal trauma and spinal tumours. He has accumulated vast experience in spinal surgery, having run a service for 10 years at Mid-Cheshire which dealt with more than 3000 out patient spine patients a year and he performed over 350 spine surgeries every year as well as a busy private practice in Cheshire, including patients from North Wales.
His surgical experience ranges from simple cervical and lumbar discectomies, to cervical and lumbar disc replacements, vertebrectomies, TESSYS, reconstruction for spinal trauma, spinal tumours and the full spectrum of spinal deformities. He audits every patient’s outcome and all his patients have to complete international protocols including Oswestry Disability Index, Canadian Neck Disability Index and his own Spinal Deformity Protocol, thereby ensuring full documentation for his patients.
- Cervical and lumbar disc replacements,
- Cervical and lumbar discectomies,
- Reconstruction for spinal trauma,
- Spinal tumours and the full spectrum of spinal deformities
- Kyphosis (Hunchback) Treatment
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy
- Cervical Corpectomy
- Lumbar Laminectomy for Spine
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Spinal Fusion Surgery
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy Spine Surgery
- Cervical Spine
- Artificial Spine Lumbar Disc Replacement
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Spinal Endoscopic Surgery
- Spine Tumour Surgery
- Scoliosis Spine Surgery
- Spine Decompression Surgery
- Comprehensive Myelopathy - Spinal Cord Surgery
- Spinal Instrumentation
- Angioplasty techniques
- Thrombectomy devices and Drug Eluting Stents,
LIST OF TREATMENTS
- Joint Replacement
WORK RECORD OF Dr. Rajagopalan Krishnan
- Senior Consultant, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Consultant, Mid-Cheshire NHS Trust with private practice at BMI South Cheshire Hospital and Spire Stretton Hospital, 1999
- MBBS, 1976, Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University
- MS, Central Institute of Orthopedics at Safdarjang Hospital
- Gold Medal in MCH, Liverpool, 1984. PHD, University of London, 1993. He held successful academic grants from the Arthritis & Rheumatism Council, the Wolfson Foundation, Hammersmith & Queen Charlotte Special Health Authority and Proteus Molecular Design, all in the UK. He supervised postdoctoral fellows in his research, which enabled him to continue his clinical work and interests without interruption. Two of his research assistants went on to obtain PHD in related projects.
- He is on the Faculty of the Annual MAMC Instructional Course in Orthopedics at Maulana Azad Medical College for MS and DNB students from all over India. He is also committed to teaching a 4-month Basic Spine Course at MAMC every year for postgraduates and intends to develop Advanced Spine Workshops in due course.
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi